✏️ Vector Editing⚙️ Prototyping
🧑🎓 Academy📖 Free for Education
Min. monthly price
May 8, 2023 12:33 PM
🔵 What is Sketch?
Sketch is a digital design and prototyping tool used by designers and product teams to collaborate and create graphics and prototypes for various platforms.
🟠 What Sketch Does?
Sketch enables users to create vector graphics, UI/UX designs, and interactive prototypes for web, mobile, and desktop applications.
🟣 How Sketch Works?
🧩 Main Features of Sketch
Sketch offers a variety of features, including:
- Vector Editing: Sketch's vector editing capabilities allow users to create and manipulate vector graphics.
- Interactive Prototyping: With Sketch, users can create interactive prototypes of their designs for web, mobile, and desktop applications. This allows designers to test their designs and get feedback from stakeholders before moving on to development.
- Reusable Components: Sketch's ability to create reusable components and styles allows designers to maintain consistency throughout their designs and streamline their workflow.
- Collaboration: Sketch makes it easy for teams to collaborate on designs, with features like shared libraries, comments, and version control.
- Export Options: Sketch offers a variety of export options, including exporting to different file formats and generating assets for development.
- Plugins: Sketch's plugin ecosystem allows users to extend its functionality and integrate with other tools and services.
🟢 Free Tools by Sketch
Sketch is a premium product, that offers a 30-day free trial (no credit card required).
- Standard plan- $9/month/per editor
- Business plan- $20/month/per editor
Sketch pricing page with further details is available here.
🎯 How likely is Sketch to help you with design?
Sketch is likely to help you with vector editing and prototyping.
👍 Pros of Sketch
- Vector design and prototyping
- Ability to create reusable components and styles.
- Offers a 30-day free trial with no credit card required, which allows users to test the software before committing to a purchase.
👎 Cons of Sketch
- No free version or plan available.
- Only available on macOS, which can be limiting for users on other operating systems.
- Steep learning curve
- At times, the software can experience slowdowns or reduced performance.
🧑💻 Support score
🗨️ Trustpilot reviews
🗨️ Capterra reviews